2. Natasha's Bean Bag
The first I started when Brad was out of town for the weekend, since he wasn't around to distract me and it was still chilly out. I probably won't even have an excuse to wear it this year, it's getting so warm!
Anyway, it's a lacy thing with a ribbed border. I altered the pattern a wee bit, since my yarn and needles are a lot smaller than called for. Just added extra rows to the ribbing, simple fix and I'm happy with the size so far.
It's about halfway done, but it takes a lot more concentration than I care to admit. It took me forever to internalise the super-simple lace pattern! I might just put it on the back burner for a while, since I've got a few other things I want to work on, and they've got deadlines.
The second was supposed to be a quick project for my friend Natasha's birthday- she loves coffee and everything in her office is green, so I figured I'd knit a little green bag to hold a bag of coffee. Again, it was a simple pattern that I changed just a bit, but ended up working on WAY too much. I wanted to do some pattern-play in the middle, but the colour-changing yarn just made it look like a mess. The upshot was that I kept having to unravel a bunch of rows in the entire round and re-knitting them, so practically an hour of progress would be lost. Frustrating, but in the end it looks pretty good.
I also had trouble with the decrease on the flap. It's all knotty and bumpy on the right side, which I usually fix by slipping the first stitch of the row, but since I was decreasing this wasn't an option, and things must have gotten twisted. I didn't notice until a few rows were done, and couldn't be bothered to go back and figure it out at that point.
The button hole was another problem, it left little holes on either side diagonal from the hole. This might have been the technique I used or it might have been my own personal problem. Again, I just wanted to be done, and they aren't too visible, so I'm okay with it.
Next up will be a plastic bag keeper (we almost bought one at IKEA today when Brad mentioned the fabric bag-like ones and I went OOOH I CAN KNIT ONE!). But first, I have a super-top secret project to be completed before April 3rd (aka Mum's birthday). I have my doubts about that completion, and my ability to actually DO this, but I want to give it a try. In all the spare time that I REALLY don't have. This blog's name is totally coming true.
No comments:
Post a Comment