SO MANY NEEDLES! Many of them are bent, or super bendy, or are all the same size, or aren't any current standard size, or are singles, or whatever. But among them, I have quite a few good needles that I didn't have before!
All lined up in a nice row.
In both straight and double-points, I've now got basically every size from 2.75mm to 6mm (sizes 2-10), and then a set of 9mm/13's. AND I've got circs of varying length in varying sizes all the way up to what I'm estimating is an 8.5mm. I'm not entirely sure for those big ones, or for the whole ton that weren't quite 2.75 nor 3.25mm. They fit in a few different holes of the needle gauge that came with the needles, which is certainly not standard.
As you can see, it is "Abel Morrall's" trademark sizes. A quick look on google for Abel Morrall brings up a lot of hits with the word "vintage", so I guess Mr. Morrall's gauge might be a relic.
Anyway, my point is, YAY! I no longer have to decide what projects I can do based on whether I've got the needles/can warrant buying the needles by doing a bunch of projects on them! I can start doing things as soon as I get the yarn!
Speaking of, hmmm, I've got the yarn to start something right now... (conveniently forgetting I've actually got two projects on the go...)
No comments:
Post a Comment