Friday, September 3, 2010

dgfaskjfds

ARG ARG ARG.
So annoyed.
I am working on Project Codename KTM (I am switching to codenames because I can't figure out what number is what). It is almost done! Of course on the second half, I decided to try new things (dumb). I was trying out the jogless stripes method on Techknitter but realised (too late) that the 'join' would be right in the middle of the main motif. Not good. I thought, oh, I'll just slip over every row to get it to the edge again. Also not good, there was a (subtle) diagonal across the middle of the motif. Not subtle enough for me. Soooo I ripped back to where I started the slipping/stacking of the colour changes.
And knit away happily.

EXCEPT.
No more knitting late at night anymore unless it is mindless! I put the thumb join five rows too early. Durrrrrr. And I didn't notice it until just now, about ten rows from the end. FRIG. Nothing for it but to rip back, all the way back, twenty rows back. This poor yarn has been frogged and re-knit so many times, I'm surprise it still looks any good. Luckily it does.

ANYWAY this project is giving me lots of small headaches, but I still love it. Happily, I think it'll only take me one ball of each colour! Sooo I can use the yarn I already bought for Project Codename BRT.

I'm gonna have a lot of codenames on here, since this is the Christmas of Knitting and I have to be careful. This thing is linked to my gmail account, thus anyone could find it. They probably won't, but they could! Though I don't really think I have to worry about Brad. I already yack at him enough about knitting, he's not gonna go looking for the blog where I yack about knitting even more. However, I will keep things on the safe side.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, atleast w/ knitting it can be fixed. I recently used the wrong seam allowance on a dress for clover and had cut down the edge before i realized, it's a great dolls dress now:(

    ReplyDelete