I've staggered the entry of the new colourway a bit, alternating knitting a row with it to a few with the old colourway, slowly increasing the rows of the new colour while decreasing the rows of the old over the course of eleven rows. That way hopefully it'll blend in nicely instead of being a stark stripe of new colour. It's at the bottom at a natural changing point anyway (going from stockinette to rib), so it's not a big deal if it's slightly different. I am so excited for it to be done!
Meg's requests are well on their way too. Her cowl is done, a good wetting made it lots drapier and it's drying behind me as I type. Just about done the stethoscope cozy, I'm liking how it's turned out. Then it's on to bigger and better things! Or, more likely, similar-sized and well-tested things.
BUT what I REALLY wanted to share tonight is this:
OREO-STUFFED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.
![]() |
| Artist's rendering. |
I mentioned to the D&D group last week that maybe I'd make cookies for this week, since I have the day off tomorrow. Yesterday I found this recipe, and today I found BUY ONE GET ONE FREE Oreos at the Metro. So, I mean, it's fate.
I got Double-Stuff and Golden Oreos, since the regular ones were all gone. I think this is going to be an adventure in deliciousness.
I will post both pictures and reactions tomorrow. Mmm.

No comments:
Post a Comment