1. The perfect knit sweater. This will have to wait until I am done Christmas knitting. I bought a superfine merino sweater from Banana Republic the other day (hooray for sales on top of sales) and it is so cozy and nice and I want to knit something chunky and cuddly. Winter is a time for sweaters!
2. Speaking of winter... Snow! They've got loads of it in BC for chrissakes, and we're sitting at 13 degrees today! 13 degrees! Ah well, as long as the roads are clear I can still bike to work.
3. Boots! I am getting these ones in brown on a pro deal (aka Learn About the Product For Work and Get Super Discounts) and I am soooo excited. A not-too-casual, not-too-dressy, comfy, useful leather boot that I can wear in the fall and spring and heck, even winter with thick socks? Yessssss. I have always been a strictly runners girl (with occasional flats and flip-flops in the summer time) but I may just be a boot convert, and I don't even have them yet
4. Socks. My feet are cold. I'm gonna go put some on.
In non-list news, and for some visual interest:
I've finished half of MCM, which is lovely and perfect. It's a seeeecret, so just barely peeking out from under that big pink thing. That big pink thing is one skein of wool for Briana's test knit, which with DK yarn feels like MILES of stockinette (I shoulda used aran or worsted). I like it so far, though not sure how keen on the colour I am, it's a bit too pink/camo for my liking. I almost like it better on the purl side!
Finally, the green thing is one cozy of Project Expedition Cozies/Project Restore Jen's Faith in Humanity/Project Oh God I Am Not Going To Have Time To Finish This (final name to be decided later). As a result of completing one cozy super quickly, I have realised that mug/cup cozies take almost no time at all, and will give me the chance to try out new stitch patterns!
To zoom in:
This particular pattern can be found here and calls itself a 'half brioche' stitch. Super easy, and would make a squishy cozy wearable knit. I think it might look nicer with a less hazy-fuzzy wool and am tempted to try with one of my cottons, but I must push onward with new and different cozies. Yes, I am determined to make all of them different.
Now, what was that about socks?
Your scarf looks AMAZING! :D
ReplyDeleteI still have to go over and look at the issue that you brought up (I'm being totally lazy about it, with school and holiday gift knitting), but it will get done!
You could totally switch out the stockingette panels for whatever you wanted -- reverse stockingette, a lace thing (if you figured something out that would work, let me know!), garter stitch...
It IS pretty pink. Perhaps you could gift it? :)
-- b.